If you’re a bit of a shopaholic or have just found your possessions piling up over time, then you’ve probably found yourself in a bit of a cramped bedroom closet situation. For those of us who aren’t fortunate enough to enjoy walk-in closets about the same size as a bedroom, we’ve had to cleverly attempt at organizing and fitting our clothes, shoes and accessories into our normal sized closets like a puzzle. Dressers and drawers are pretty straightforward when it comes to accommodating our belongings, but when it comes to closets, there is definitely room for flexibility. Whether you’re looking to make the most out of the space in your closet in your Orlando home, or making it look most presentable – here are some helpful tips regarding both those goals and more…
- PURGE. This can be extremely tough for most of us, but seriously consider getting rid of items that you haven’t used in a year. It is often that items at the back and sides of our closets have become completely forgotten. Just take a bit of time to sweep through your entire closet and really consider what is worth keeping or throwing out. And if throwing out belongings is a bit too extreme for you, opt for moving the item to a drawer or to a storage area for safekeeping.
- CATEGORIZE. An excellent way of keeping your closet mess free is to place like with like. This means, dresses with dresses, pants with pants, and shirts with shirts. This makes it so items are easy to find and easy to put back, so that you don’t end up making a tornado out of your closet when trying to find things. Plus, this saves you time.
- ADD MORE. By this I don’t mean more clothes, but more organizational units. Assess your closet to see if another rod can fit into your closet, or if the floor or back areas of your closet are vacant. We tend to forget about those areas, which can be perfect for smaller storage cubes and shelves. Sometimes making a trip to the home/furniture store can give us amazing storage ideas, and can offer closet organizer units you never even knew existed.
- UNIFORM. This is not a must, but if you want to make your closet look presentable, having it look uniform is key. Your storage and organizational units should be the same, meaning cubes/shelves should be relatively similar, as well as hangers. Refer to home catalogues or furniture store displays for examples.
- BE CRAFTY. Make the most out of your hangers by hanging smaller, similar items. Hang tops or even pants over the bar of the same hanger.
- MAINTAIN. The key to keeping your closet tidy and efficient is to put things back in their rightful places once you’re done with them. Leaving your closet cleaning to when it starts to look like a mess ends up being more of a hassle for you and can be pretty frustrating.
Teri Isner is the team leader of Orlando Avenue Top Team and has been a Realtor for over 17 years. Teri has distinguished herself as a leader in the Orlando FL real estate market. Teri assists buyers looking for Orlando FL real estate for sale and aggressively markets Orlando FL homes for sale.
You deserve professional real estate service! You obtain the best results with Teri Isner plus you benefit from her marketing skills, experience and ability to network with other REALTORS®. Your job gets done pleasantly and efficiently. You are able to make important decisions easily with fast, accurate information from Teri. The Orlando Avenue top Team handles the details and follow-up that are important to the success of your transaction.