Is a Single Family Home for you?
There are several options available to you. Single family, townhouse, condo or manufactured home. There are many pros and cons to owning a single-family home for you to consider.
- You don’t have to gain approval to making changes to your home
- Since single family homes are the most desirable and common you
- Single family homes generally appreciate in value faster than condos
- You don’t have to pay "community fees" or deal with by-laws and association hassles
- You have a yard of your own to relax in privacy
- Yard work is all your responsibility
- Not always affordable. Single-family homes tend to be more expensive than townhouses or condos
- You may have limited amenities
The decision of the type of home is deeply personal. We can’t tell you what is the best decision for you and your family. We hope that some of these considerations help you decide if owning a single family home is for you.