Like what you have been reading here? Subscribe now and receive email updates of our articles.

Menu

Syndicate this blog

Most Popular

Start of hurricane season in Florida

May 1st, 2007 by tisner

Get prepared for the next Florida hurricane season what to pack and the latest names for this season. Like the boyscout motto Be Prepared is a must.

Get prepared for the next Florida hurricane season what to pack and the latest names for this season. Like the boyscout motto Be Prepared is a must.

For the start of this blog, I wanted to write about something we’re all concerned about and that’s hurricanes. There’s nothing like starting off with a bang! But also it gives you an idea how upfront the Orlando Avenue Top Team is with the facts. Teri Isner and The Orlando Avenue Top Team can help you with all your real estate needs.

The Atlantic Hurricane Season, which impacts the entire East Coast as well as the Gulf Coast , begins June 1st and ends November 30th. For this year, scientists at NOAA – the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – is predicting an 80% chance of an above-normal hurricane season, a 15% chance of a near-normal season and a 5% chance of one that’s below normal. Here is a link to the National Hurricane Center Prediction Center.

Tropical Advisories

To translate that another way, this year NOAA is predicting 13-16 named storms. Last month forecasters at Colorado State University issued a similar forecast, predicting up to 17 named storms. It is very good news, though, that this number is far below 2005’s record-setting 28 named storms.

Here in Central Florida new homes are built to withstand hurricane-force winds. The Orlando Avenue Top Team will be able to educate you on the codes builders are required to follow to withstand these winds and keep you safe inside your home. None-the-less, in the event evacuation is called for you should do as told. The Orlando Avenue Top Team can help you with all your real estate needs, but the object is always to be safe. Protection of life must always come before protection of property.  Be sure to have a family plan in place that everyone knows in case of an emergency.

The week of May 21st-27th has been designated as National Hurricane Preparedness Week. Many cities stage mock evacuations. It is important that you and your family always be prepared. The Red Cross suggests that you store enough water for at least 3 days. Water requirements are a gallon a person per day. They also suggest having a 3-day supply of non-perishable food items on hand such as peanut butter and crackers. 

Other items to be sure to have on hand are special-needs foods for infants and the elderly, prescription medication, a good first aid kit, flashlights, batteries, sanitary supplies, can openers, sunscreen, matches and candles, soap, latex gloves, diapers and formula for infants, treats such as lollipops for children.

In case you’re wondering, the first named storm for 2006 will be called Alberto. After that, we’ll have Beryl and Chris. Let’s be sure to enjoy our beautiful Central Florida weather, lakes and relaxing lifestyle. Be sure to call the Orlando Avenue Top Team for all your real estate needs.

Google+ Comments

Teri Isner, CIPS, CRS, GRI
Keller Williams At-The-Lakes
66 Riley Road
Celebration, Fl 34747

This site is proudly sponsored by Orlando FL Real Estate Kissimmee and Celebration
Copyright © 2008 Orlando FL Real Estate Kissimmee and Celebration | All Rights Reserved. Sitemap