Spring has officially sprung and that means most of us are starting to get the itch to clean our homes. Below are a few spring cleaning tips for those of you who might be interested in doing it the natural way! These items are such that you likely already have them in your house so there will be no need to go out and purchase anything.
The number one item you likely already have in your house and that is perfect for spring cleaning is baking soda! Yes you read that right, baking soda! It has many uses such as the following:
- Clean the toilet using a bit of baking soda and a scrub brush
- Clean the inside of your oven using some baking soda mixed with vinegar and a rag
- To brighten up your laundry use half a cup of baking soda mixed with each load
- 1 cup baking soda with 1 cup vinegar will help to unclog a clogged up drain in your sinks
- Sprinkle some baking soda on your rugs and carpets, wait 15 min, then vacuum to freshen them
Another item that you likely already have on hand at home that can help make spring cleaning easy is vinegar. There are many uses for cleaning with vinegar such as the following:
- Mix vinegar with salt to get those pesky coffee stains out of your coffee mugs
- Spray vinegar in your bathroom for a good sanitization of each surface
- Believe it or not, let your socks soak in vinegar to freshen them. This is done by adding 1 cup vinegar to a pot of water and letting them soak overnight
- Use a bit of distilled white vinegar on our toothbrush to make your smile brighter.
- If you want your windows to shine and you don’t want to use regular window cleaner, use white vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle then wipe clean with a paper towel.
Liquid dish soap is another great help in spring cleaning and my guess is you already have some of this too! Here are a few uses for liquid dish soap:
- Mop your floors with it! Mix a couple drops with a gallon of water
- Clean your granite countertops with some liquid dish soap mixed with warm water then dry with a towel.
Teri Isner is the team leader of Orlando Avenue Top Team and has been a Realtor for over 24 years. Teri has distinguished herself as a leader in the Orlando FL real estate market. Teri assists buyers looking for Orlando FL real estate for sale and aggressively markets Orlando FL homes for sale.
You deserve professional real estate service! You obtain the best results with Teri Isner plus you benefit from her marketing skills, experience and ability to network with other REALTORS®. Your job gets done pleasantly and efficiently. You are able to make important decisions easily with fast, accurate information from Teri. The Orlando Avenue Top Team handles the details and follow-up that are important to the success of your transaction.